Sunday, December 18, 2011

11 Wonderful Years!

Jeremy and I had our 11th anniversary on Dec. 16, 2011. The best thing about getting married in the year 2000 is that I don't have to do any math to figure out how many years we have been married. 2002 was our 2nd anniversary; 2005 our fifth; 2011 our 11th. You get the idea! Anyway, with our anniversary being so close to Christmas it is always in the middle of choir concert season for me. Inevitably I have a concert on our anniversary. This year was no exception. So, we celebrated a week early. The kids slept over at Grandma Snow's house and Jeremy and I got to have an evening out, having dinner and going to a movie and then we spent a glorious morning sleeping in! It was fantastic! Usually the kids get me up around 6:00am.
On our actual anniversary, Jeremy and I surprised the kids by bringing home a new puppy. It wasn't really for our anniversary or for Christmas but it just kind of worked out that way. We named him Maximus although we usually call him Max. He is a golden retriever and the kids adore him. More to come about Max later.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love the picture. You look GREAT! And happy 11th to both of you. So how late did you sleep in? You probably thought that sleeping till 8 was "sleeping in" right? :-)