Friday, November 25, 2011

'Tis the Season!

I love Christmas time! However, I have always refused to put up any Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. I feel like Thanksgiving sometimes gets lost in the shuffle of Halloween and Christmas. That being said, the day after Thanksgiving is the first day of the Christmas season. We pull out the Christmas decorations, put on the Christmas music, don our Santa hats and begin decorating.That evening we start the season in style with a Christmas party that my aunt has been throwing the day after Thanksgiving since I was little. We begin the evening with crafts. After dinner we have our program. Everyone prepares a "talent." There is always singing, piano playing and often other instruments. This year, Dalton played the recorder and his cousin, Brandon, did a backflip. It is a party that is looked forward to all year. My kids enjoy it now as much as I did when I was little. It is the perfect way to jump start the season!

No comments: