Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Computer Time


Jackson has recently figured out how to use the mouse on the computer. He has watched the kids play computer games for a long time and used to make me sit by him and move the mouse to where it needed to be and then he would click the button. That was a little painful for me, because he would want to play forever and I didn't like being stuck all afternoon moving the mouse around. So, the other day I was shocked and thrilled to see him navigating the mouse around all on his own. He loves to play on a preschool website called StarFall. It teaches the alphabet and sings all kind of fun songs that Jackson likes to sing along with.

The only problem now is that Jackson wants to be on the computer all the time. We have two computers and yet I now have to fight with Ally and Jackson for computer time. Thankfully, Jackson still naps occasionally and Ally has preschool so I can get on the computer every once in awhile.

As excited as I get to see Jackson getting more independent, it is also hard to see my baby growing up and needing me less and less. It's a good thing he still likes me to hold him and snuggle with him.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I think you are adventurous. I wouldn't let Kaden touch my computer. I'm afraid he'll download something and I'll end up with a virus. Pretty cute though to see him playing. I don't think Kaden knows how to handle a mouse yet. And hopefully not to soon either.