I was teaching piano this afternoon when the kids came in and told me Jackson was on the counter. I thought they meant the island so I wasn't too worried and I didn't hurry as fast as I could have. When I got into the kitchen I found Jack not on the island but on the counter in the corner next to the stove. When I got to the stove I realized the the burner was turned on and their was something white on it. When I looked closer I noticed Jackson's footprints in the white stuff. When I looked at Jackson's shoes I saw that the white stuff on the burner was actually the rubber from the bottom of Jackson's shoes that had melted off. He had been walking across a hot burner!!! I was immediately flooded with thoughts of how lucky I was that he was wearing his shoes and how bad it could have been if he had reached down and touched the burner with his hands or anything else. I am so grateful that Jackson wasn't hurt. I guess I am going to have to start locking the burner knobs.
No comments:
Post a Comment