Monday, April 12, 2010

Projects

Well, we've pretty much finished up the project in the office. I just need to do a little touch up painting and we'll be all done in there. I think it looks great! I am so excited! It has become a little sancuary in a wild house.
Since we couldn't possibly just sit back and enjoy that finished product we decided to jump right in and start the next project. We are now painting the family room. We have been wanting to do it since we moved in but kept putting it off. We finally picked a color and have started. (It looks quite a bit darker in person than it does in the pictures, but you get the idea.) It is a slow going process since we try to do most of the painting at night after the kids go to bed. If the kids are awake one of us has to entertain the kids instead of helping.
I think tonight Jeremy is going to start putting up the crown moulding and the taller baseboards. It is a big project but I am excited for the final result. I just hope it starts going a little faster because I hate having the house all messed up and cluttered with painting supplies.

6 comments:

Darin and Joanna said...

Looks great! Nice work on the crown molding! I hate painting but it sure is fun to see the final result! Good luck!

Crystal said...

It is looking great Katie! I love the crown molding!

Melissa@thebblog said...

bummer. I was hoping that when I came to pick up maddy you'd have more paint on the walls to look at. of course you would have to do it after sleeping though! I'll just have to wait till the morning to see the next step completed! I think it looks wonderful!!

Beverly said...

I just love a fun painting project and yours looks great. Tell Jeremy that I am impressed with the moulding--all those angles woudl give me a headache.

Anonymous said...

The crown moulding looks amazing! I bet you will be so excited when the family room is all done. I can't wait to see it.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

No big projects going on here.... :) Bryan is not keen on me painting anything. Post a picture when you are done with everything in the family room! I'm excited to see!