Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Fireplace

When we got our new entertainment center it was a darker brown wood than the wood around our fireplace so we decided to paint the fireplace. As I was painting I was a little worried about how it would turn out, especially since we would never be able to go back to what it was before. But, I am pleased to say, that I love the finished product! Jeremy is now talking about getting rid of the tile surround and putting in stone instead. My brother-in-law said it would be an easy project but we have never done anything like that before so we'll have to see.

I have decided that projects, like housework, will never cease. Once you finish one it leads into another. It is fun to see our house becoming more of what we have always wanted it to be.


Before:

Getting started:The finished product:

4 comments:

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Looks beautiful, Katie! Good work!

Beverly said...

I love the white. You are becoming quite the handywoman.

Darin and Joanna said...

I think it looks great! Sorry I didn't call you to come see the tulips with us. My sister was planning on meeting us there and it wasn't until I pulled into the parking lot that she called and said her little girl had a fever. I almost called you, but I hated to make you feel like you needed to drop everything and pack up all of your kids. It would have been fun though. We will have to come down sometime this summer and play....unless you feel like a nice drive up north :).

Camilla Millar said...

I like it a lot better!