Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Mother's Day Program
The Kindergarten had a special Mother's Day program last Friday. When I got there I looked all over to find Dalton and I couldn't see him anywhere. I knew he was wearing a red and orange stripped shirt and I scanned the whole stage but I couldn't see him anywhere. I even picked out several of his friends. I noticed Max sitting on the front row and figured that Dalton would have to be by him somewhere because they were both on the small side but I couldn't find Dalton. It wasn't until I had finally found a seat (on the wrong side, of course) and I got up and walked to the front to look that I saw him. He was sitting right next to Max. I had missed him because he hadn't taken off his jacket yet. Notice what color it is. I wasn't looking for blue.
Once I found him, I switched sides so I could see him better and then the program started. It was very cute. They sang all kinds of songs. Dalton usually sang along but wasn't that great at the actions. He finally did do a few and I had to get a picture to prove that he did them.

After the program, the kindergarteners and their moms were invited (we had to pay) to eat lunch in the cafeteria. It was to give the kids a chance to see what it would be like next year. It was fun but the program was at 9:15am and it didn't last much longer than a half and hour or so. Yes, that means that we were eating pizza for lunch at about 10:00am. Still fun.
This is Dalton's current best friend, Macy. She lives just down the street and they love to play together. We were very excited to find out that they will be on the same track next year. Hopefully that means that they will be in the same class as well. During the program they sang a song where they were supposed to point out to their mothers as they sang, "I love you." Dalton never once pointed at me. Every time they sang that line, he turned around and pointed at Macy. It was pretty funny! I sure am lucky to have such a cute kid!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're such a good mom, Katie. Max has already declared his love for Ashley and Nick for Natalie. I'm already completely out of the picture...
Post a Comment