The plan was to go downtown eat at PF Changs and then go ice skating at the Gallivan Center. When we headed downtown last week it was barely raining and I figured it would be ok. I even thought that it might be better because there would be fewer people trying to ice skate. It wasn't too bad when we went into PF Changs for dinner but when we came out it was really raining. No ice skating for us. Instead we went and got the movie Maze Runner and watched it at home after the kids went to bed. It was still a great evening spent together. But, that left us still needing to go ice skating so yesterday we attempted it again. The weather was beautiful! The sun was shining and it was around 47 degrees. It did mean the rink was more crowded, but it was so fun!
I had forgotten just how much ice skates mess with your ankles. It took awhile for me to not feel like I was about to fall as I went around the rink. Plus, my feet/ankles hurt for the first little bit. Why do they only have you go in one direction? I kept thinking that if they would only let us turn around and go the other way, I might be able to even out the soreness.
Jeremy and I haven't been ice skating since we went on a cruise for our 10th anniversary--four years ago. It was really fun to try it again. We both attempted spinning and skating backwards. Neither of us did great but we also did not fall once the whole time we were there. I consider that a successful ice skating adventure!


Although the date didn't go quite the way I had planned, it turned out great because we got two dates for the month instead of just one. It's going to be a fun year!





No comments:
Post a Comment