Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Old Man Soccer
Jeremy just started playing in an indoor soccer league with several guys from our neighborhood. They still needed a few players so he recruited his brother, Collin, as well.
Their first game was while we were on vacation in Virginia but we have been here for the last two games. It has been so fun to see him play again. He used to play soccer and basketball a lot but since the kids came along we have rarely been able to work out the scheduling issues so he could play. He was invited to play with a friend a year ago but then ended up having back surgery so he couldn't. Finally he is "mostly" healthy and he is playing hard.
Tonight he ended up on the ground twice. I love that he loves to play! It is fun to see him have the chance to be active again playing a game he loves. The kids think it is great fun to see him play as well. Now they all go out in the backyard and practice soccer together. I think he is discovering that his 37 year old body doesn't quite take the beating his 24 year old body would but he isn't letting that slow him down too much. He just gets in the hot tub for a long soak after the games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad the one game I had to miss was the week you brought your camera!!
Post a Comment