Monday, June 2, 2014
Milestones
Dalton is now a priesthood holder. He was ordained yesterday by Jeremy along with both Grandpas and Bishop Nance. He was also presented to the ward in sacrament meeting and was sustained by the ward. I admit that I got a little teary as I raised my hand in my sustaining vote. I can't believe that he is 12, holds the Aaronic priesthood and has now moved out of primary and into the Young Men program. It may be silly, but in my head primary is the organization for kids and Young Men/Women is the organization for teenagers. I'm not sure I'm ready for a teenager yet. He is sure excited about being out of primary though. I do love watching him progress. I think watching him pass the sacrament next week is going to be exciting and strange all at once. He still seems little to me. I guess I need to get over it because it is happening whether I like it or not. He starts Junior High in a couple of months. 12 years old just seems to be an age where there are a lot of milestones--reminders for me of how much he has grown up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment