Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Salt City Venom

Dalton's baseball coach from last year decided to put together a team and join a super league.  He invited Dalton and several other boys from the team last year.  It has been an interesting journey.  They started practicing back in January.  I thought with all the extra practicing they would do really well.  However, I was  little naïve.  I guess most of the other teams have been together for several years.  Our first tournament was in St. George.  Boy, were they out of their league!  They had a very poor showing, but Dalton got a few hits, caught a fly ball and made a double play, so he thought it was a great tournament.
After the rude awakening, they have started practicing a little better and at their last double header they played much better.  They still have yet to win a game but they are 100% better than they were.



I love to watch him play regardless of whether they win or lose. 

2 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh my, what a great last picture of Dalton sliding into base!

Melissa@thebblog said...

great slide shot. so glad he found a sport that he really loves not just endures