Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Movie Time

My neighbor, Andrea, is pregnant with her 5th child and has been having a lot of early contractions.  Her doctor put her on "bed rest" realizing that she has 4 other children at home.  She was basically told to stay down as much as possible.  In thinking of a way I could get her kids to willingly come to my house for a few hours, I decided to have a movie afternoon.  We invited a bunch of kids in the neighborhood to come watch Monsters University.  We popped 9 bags of popcorn and had licorice, Swedish fish and Starbursts for the kids to snack on. 

I had high hopes that the kids would all be totally enthralled with the movie and stay and watch the entire thing, but about half-way through the boys decided that they would rather play air-hockey.  Still they all stayed downstairs for the full length of the movie so I would say overall it was a success.
Even the aftermath was not too bad--pick up cups and vacuum up popcorn.  I think everyone had a good time.  We might just have to do it again some time.

No comments: