We signed Dalton up to play tackle football yesterday. He is thrilled! He has been asking for this for quite awhile now. He has played flag football before but decided that he is ready to try tackle. We went to register and pick up his equipment. It was crazy! I felt so overwhelmed! I had no idea what he needed as we went through the equipment piles. Luckily my neighbor was there and we stuck with him and his son so we would get what we needed. Dalton now has a helmet, shoulder pads, mouth guard, chin strap, game pants, practice pants, cheek pads, thigh pads, and knee pads. I believe there are quite a few other pieces of equipment that we need to get on our own; cleats, under garments, etc.


I can't get over how big/grown up he looks with all his gear on. I worry a little though because he is a little boy. I'm sure he will be one of, if not, the littlest guy on his team. We talked about how it is a big time commitment and how he will have to work hard because his team will be depending on him.
He is so excited! He has been wearing his pants, shoulder pads and helmet as much as possible since he got them yesterday. I hope he loves playing the actual game as much as he loves the idea of playing.
No comments:
Post a Comment