Sunday, October 23, 2011

Snow Family Halloween Party

I have been itching to host a Halloween party for a few years now. I see all the cute Halloween food ideas and I just want to try them all. So, this year, we decided to do it. My biggest excuse was that Jeremy and I bought Halloween costumes and we needed a place to wear them besides passing out candy on Halloween night. So, the party became a costume party. We invited Jeremy's family to come join us for dinner and Halloween activities. I spent all week planning the menu and thinking of activities that would be fun for both the kids and the adults. I had a great time! Everyone came dressed up and looked fabulous! I was grateful that the adults were all such good sports!The activities turned out fun as well. We started out by wrapping the kids in toilet paper, dressing them as mummys. Obviously a spin off of the shower game of making a wedding dress out of toilet paper. The kids thought it was great! Then we played Halloween Creationary--like Pictionary except you don't draw your word, you create it out of playdough. We had Halloween words for the kids and for the adults. Some were harder than I thought they would be but everyone had a great time playing with the playdough.After the games, families with kids had to go home and the rest of us chatted, snacked and then played a little Scattegories. It was a great night!
On the menu was taco soup, bone breadsticks, mummy pizzas, mummy dogs, spider cookies, witch hat cookies, decorated cupcakes, mini cupcakes, eyeballs, and carrots and grapes so there was a healthy option.I really had fun putting it together. I wonder if I can convince Jeremy to let me do it annually!

3 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

all your food turned out adorable!! I still have to go with the witch hats as my favorites. I tried the meatloaf in pumpkins- worked kind of. and also your bone breadsticks idea but yours look way better than mine did. I think I need to cook with you and then bring it home to serve at my house so it works out well:) good job.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

You told me all about your party but it was tons of fun to see the pictures! I laughed out loud when I saw you and Jeremy as angry birds!! :) Hilarious! And I can't believe how much work it must have taken to put out all that Halloween food. Dang, Katie! You are the party hostess extraordinaire!

Collin and Sarah said...

This was such a fun party Katie! Thanks for planning everything. You are a fabulous host. I know Coll and I are hoping it becomes an annual tradition :)