We had a day filled with fun Halloween activities. The kids had more candy than they knew what to do with before they even went Trick-or-Treating. I guess you would say that our activities started with our Snow family Halloween party but we continued on Saturday with a ward Trunk-or-Treat. The kids thought it was a fun trial run. Sunday we carved our pumpkins and then they spent all day today with Halloween activities at school. Allison was Princess Peach, Holly was Hermione and Dalton was Harry Potter. Jackson did not want to dress up. We got him to wear his Dragon costume but only for short periods of time and usually only when it meant he could go get candy.




The school parade was first.



Look at those smiles! After the parade I ran to Holly's class to see a little of her Halloween program. It was cute. They sang all kinds of Halloween songs and recited poems. Dalton had a program as well but I wasn't able to see his because I was asked to help in Ally's kindergarten class for their party. I helped the kids make spider cookies. Immediately after Ally's party, Jackson and I ran to Dalton's class to help with their party. Again we did the spider cookies and played Don't Eat Pete. The kids were so cute! We were finally done at 12:30. Jackson and Ally were ready to be home.
Jackson was especially enthralled with his pumpkin. He wanted to go out and see it every few minutes. We had to take a few pictures to show the pumpkin carvings for this year. The kids are getting more and more involved every year. I helped Jackson with his pumpkin. Notice the unique design!

Ally chose a design from a book which she named her "Kitty-Bat." Thanks go to Aunt Emily for helping her with her pumpkin.

Holly's is the bat with the moon. She picked that by herself and Jeremy's cousin, Nick, helped her draw and carve it. Dalton and Dad worked together on the Angry Bird pumpkin.

Then they went out Trick-or-Treating tonight. I love Halloween because Jeremy takes the kids out with the other dads in the neighborhood and I get to sit home and read my book while passing out candy. I usually get at least an hour or so. The kids were little troopers and went for quite awhile. The kids all came home and dropped off Jackson and Ally but then Jeremy took Dalton and Holly out for a little more. Now we have piles of candy that I have to avoid eating. All in all it was a great Halloween!
2 comments:
You're so lucky your kids get to have a Halloween parade at school!! I LOVED doing that when we were kids. Schools up here in Davis District DON'T do costumes at school. Bummer. The kids all look great! I love that Holly is Hermione! :)
Such cute costumes. I am a sucker for the HP ones.
Post a Comment