Monday, September 5, 2011

Temple to Temple Steeplechase

I had such a great morning! I ran the Temple to Temple Steeplechase with my sister, Sarah. It is a 5 mile race starting at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and finishing at the Jordan River Temple. Sarah came down from Kaysville last night since the race started at 7:00am and we had to be there early to check in. We got up at the early hour of 5:40am to be ready to leave at 6:00am. The weather was perfect! Not too hot but definitely not cold. We ran and chatted the whole way. I have never run with someone else before and it definitely made the distance go by faster. I had so much fun and I loved running with my sister!

Early in the morning before the race began at the Oquirrh Mtn. Temple: Finished with the race at the Jordan River Temple:

The race organizers talked about the race being like life, and how even if there are obsticles in the way if you keep going you can endure to the end. It was nice to think about. I also loved that the money we paid to run was donated to the church's Temple Patron Fund which helps people who live far away from temples be able to afford to get there.
It was a great experience altogether! Maybe we'll have to do it again next year.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love your early morning temple picture. I love how the temple it lit up and the pink clouds in the sky. Very cool. What fun for you too. And a 5 mile run? No big deal right???