Saturday, March 26, 2011
The Capitol
I took Dalton and his friend, Nick, to the Utah State Capitol this morning. One of their requirements for Cub Scouts is to visit a government building. I have a friend from my mission who was able to take us on a tour. It was fabulous! We saw so many interesting things and were able to go behind the scenes in areas most people are not allowed to see. We went in underground hallways and even saw the govenor's private garage. In several of the rooms we went in, there were roped off areas allowing the public to peek in but not enter and we were on the other side of those ropes. I spent a lot of time trying to get the boys to understand what a special opportunity this was and how most people didn't get to see what they were seeing. I know the boys had a great time but I think I was even more facinated than they were. 
This is inside the Governor's formal office. This is where he meets with people and has meetings but he also has another office which is his private office. The boys thought it was cool that he had his own bathroom!
These are the seats for the House of Representatives. Future politicians?


The meeting room for the Senate seemed a little nicer to me. Maybe it is just because there are fewer of them. 

Kent helping the boys peek over for a view from the third floor.

I had forgotten just how beautiful the Capitol is. I sang there in high school with our Concert Choir and had our pictures taken on that grand staircase. Then when Jeremy and I were dating he surprised me and took me to the UofU's homecoming dance which was held there. Here are a few more pictures. 

Thanks to my friend, Kent, who took us on this amazing tour! It was amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great pictures. Looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment