Friday, February 4, 2011
Temptations
Why is it that when I am trying to eat more healthy the only thing I can think about is that giant bag of M&Ms in the pantry or that bag of powdered doughnuts that Ally begged for at the store this morning?
Why even have them in the house you may ask. Well, I am not one of those people who likes to make my family suffer just because I am trying to "diet". Unfortunatly, I do think of dieting as suffering. Technically, I am not really trying to diet, I just want to be a little better about what I eat. Mostly, I am trying to avoid the junk food and work on portion control. Normally, the mini candybars that I have for my piano students don't tempt me, or the "choir" candy, or the kids fruit snacks and cookies, however, when I tell myself that I can't have any of those things, suddenly they are all I can think about. I am not known for my great willpower, but we have a trip coming up that requires the wearing of a swimsuit so I am working on my last ditch effort. So, instead of that handful of M&Ms or a soft powdered doughnut I will have my snack of an apple and some reduced fat Wheat Thins. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment