I love getting together with my family. Even when we gather for a sad reason, I love seeing all those that I love, especially those who live far away. My Uncle Norwin lives in Indiana. I rarely see him but I love it when he comes into town. I have always had a special place in my heart for my Uncle Norwin. He calls me "Katie-my-special-lady". I don't know quite why we connected so well when I was little but we did. I remeber one summer he was visiting with his son, Wes. He invited me to come spend a week with them. They were driving home and then they would fly me back. I was so excited! I packed my suitcase a week in advance. When the time came to leave they realized that the only car they could rent was a two seater and there wouldn't be room for me. I was so disappointed! The next Christmas, to alleviate my disappointment or to stay in good standing with me, he sent me a $50 gift certificate to Nordstroms. To a little girl that was a ton of money. I remember going shopping with my mom and our neighbor. I got two long sleeve turtleneck shirts and a pair of multi-colored leather hi-top tennis shoes. I can still picture them in my head.
I don't have a lot of other specific memories of Uncle Norwin, I just remember feeling so special when he was around. He loved me and I loved him! It was great to see him again even though we were all missing Grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment