Dalton's class put on a "mini-musical." The kids looked so cute! Dalton informed me that he really wanted to be the skunk, but instead he ended up being a duck. The skunk had to sing a solo in the program. I asked Dalton afterwards if he would have been ok singing a solo and he said he thought so. That would have been interesting! I don't really think he would have been able to do it. However, this time he actually sang the songs with his class. In other programs he has just sat there.
Regardless, there was a really cute duck in the program! I love it when the kids put on a program at school. It's hard to hear and the gym gets so packed that sometimes it is even hard to see, but they look so darn cute and they are so excited to have people come to see them. Jeremy and Grandma Snow were able to come to Dalton's program this time and he was thrilled. 
At the end of the program we were allowed to check the kids out of school for the day. Dalton had asked me that morning about being checked out so at the end of the program I checked him out. As I was trying to get everyone out to the car Dalton informed me that he did not want to be checked out. I reminded him that he had asked about it that morning and he told me that he was asking because he wanted to know about it, not because he wanted to be checked out. So, I went back and crossed his name off the list and let him be one of three or four kids who stayed at school. He came hom a little bit later talking about how great it was and how they had helped Mrs. Anderson clean up the gym and put away all the chairs. Apparently, it was a good day!
1 comment:
and to think, I almost missed this post! Dalton looks great in his duck costume. what a handsome boy. remember how we used to love staying late and helping Mrs. Bergantz? I suppose that was way it was like for Dalton that day.
here's my suggestion for backdated posts, can you do a post on the current date telling us that you did a post on - say June 24? that way we won't miss them. just a thought.
Post a Comment