Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dalton's Baptism

My first baby got baptized today. He was so excited! He has been waiting for this day for a long time. He looked so cute and grown-up in his white jumpsuit. I am so proud of him! I got teary the minute we walked into the chapel and didn't stop until we were leaving the church. I know that Dalton made the right decision to be baptized. He is setting the example for the rest of his siblings and I know they look up to him. We gave Dalton his own set of scriptures with his name engraved on them. He was thrilled and wanted to take them with him to his soccer game later that afternoon. It warms my heart to see him so excited about church and the gospel. I hope it stays with him forever!It was so nice to have family and friends with us as well. It is always nice to have an excuse to get together. We are so lucky to have most of our family living relatively close. We love them and are grateful for the influence they have on our children.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sad that we couldn't be there. Tell him that I'm proud of him.

Anon said...

Aw congrats, that is so awesome!

Unknown said...

Ah, Katie. I don't know what to say but I'm sorry. I felt bad enough that I wasn't going to make it. And now even worse that Bryan and the kids didn't either. I'm glad it was such a wonderful day. Wish we could've been a part of it.

Maryann said...

Congrats Dalton! It's a big step in life to be Baptized. So proud of him!