Tuesday, January 31, 2012
A Good Deal
The other day two of the kids came home from school with a reward coupon for a free kids meal at Sizzler. Of course, it was only free with the purchase of an adult meal but we thought it might be fun to take the kids since a new Sizzler had just opened up right near in the District. So with much anticipation by the kids we piled in the van and headed over. Going out to dinner with the family is not something we do often. It just seems ridiculous to spend so much money when we could eat a lot cheaper at home. I also don't feel quite so bad when the kids don't eat much at home. When we are at a restaraunt I get awfully frustrated when they only take a couple of bites of their entree. Anyway, all those thoughts aside we happily made our way to Sizzler. Sizzler is one of those places where the menu is posted on the wall as you walk into the restaraunt. Then you head up to the cash register and pay for your meal before you sit down. When we got up to the front we gave them our order and we paid. As we were walking to our seat I started thinking about what we had ordered and realized that the $22 she had charged us didn't seem right. Just our adult meals alone should have been more than that and we had an extra kids meal that we needed to pay for as well. When I sat down I looked at the receipt and realized that they didn't have my meal. When I told the waiter, he said that he would go back and get my meal started and we could pay for it after. Then he came back and said it would be an additional $15 or so. When I added that to the amount that we had aready paid I realized that now it was too much so I looked at the receipt again. That was when I realized that they hadn't just forgotten my meal, they had charged me for a kids meal instead of an adult meal. When the waiter came back, I explained to him what had happened and I think he was getting a little flustered by it all so he just told us not to worry about it. So, I got my adult meal for the price of a child's meal. That meant that we were able to take our family of 6 out to dinner for only $22. The kids thought it was a fabulous evening and Jeremy and I were thrilled with the price. Not a bad evening for the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice. You can't even eat at McDonald's for that price. Love it.
Post a Comment