Dalton and Holly are in a year round school which means they only get a three week summer break between one grade and the next. They started their new school year on July 26th. They were so excited! Dalton began his first day of 3rd grade and Holly became a new 1st grader. Holly was thrilled to get to eat lunch at school. They are both gone for the whole day now which just leaves me with Allison and Jackson. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. In September Allison will start preschool and I will be down to one child at home for three days a week. I'm certainly not complaining, because they love school and I love having peace at home while they are gone. When they are home chaos reigns with friends, homework and of course fights. How grateful I am that they enjoy school and do well.
4 comments:
oh, I miss them! did Dalton's hair grow in darker?
oh my goodness your kids are darling! I love Holly's messenger bag.
Yay for some peace during the day. I'm counting down the days until school starts here. I've decided that even though I hate the battles of homework and getting up, I like the routine. And the kids will have a bedtime again. Yay me!
Seems so weird to me that you only have 3 weeks of summer. I mean, they get 3 weeks off here, 3 weeks off there...all throughout the year when they are off track. So is it strange to think that after THIS 3 weeks, you move up a grade? I guess that's what year round is all about.
Well, they look darling, as usual. We still have 2 weeks till we start school.
Post a Comment